This five day package in Serbia include time at the start and end in the country’s capital Belgrade as well as taking you into the peaceful countryside to see Serbia’s traditional heritage.
Explore a time gone by, at Zaklusa, famous for pottery for centuries. Marvel at world famous director Kustarica’s traditional wooden village nestled high up in the mountains, take the Šargan Eight railway through breaktaking scenery and enjoy driving through one of the most stunning gorges in Eastern Europe.
Price: from £289pp
- Country: Serbia
- Holiday Type: Cultural History, Natural Gastro
- Duration: Short breaks (up to a week)
- Arrival to Belgrade Airport and transfer to centrally located Belgrade hotel, check in.
- Afternoon city tour of Belgrade of all main sights including Saint Sava Orthodox cathedral, Republic Square, Kalemegdan Fortress.
- Free evening in Belgrade to explore with the expert advice of your group leader in you so wish.
- After breakfast drive along beautiful slopes of Sumadija in Central Serbia.
- Arrival to impressive Ovčar-Kablar Gorge, known as "The Holy Serbian Mount".
- Short break in beautiful scenery of Zapadna Morava.
- Drive on to Zlakusa village and visit to ethno-Park Terzic's Yard where you'll enjoy a traditional welcome and folklore performance followed by pottery manufacture presentation.
- Traditional Serbian lunch baked in ceramics, pepared by our hosts.
- Drive on to Mecavnik Wooden Town established by Emir Kusturica, world famous, award winning Serbian film director.
- Accommodation in luxurious mountain chalets.
- Short documentary film of Emir Kusturica.
- Traditional dinner.
- After breakfast 3 hour train ride on narrow-gauge tracks along beautiful landscape of Tara National Park.
- Drive to Sirogojno open-air Museum and visit to traditional exhibitions and preserved architecture of Zlatibor region from the 19th century.
- Visit to handwork souvenir shop.
- Accommodation in luxurious wooden chalets.
- After breakfast visit to attractive Stopic pecina Cave.
- Drive to Belgrade with stopover in Ovcar Banja Spa for lunch and ferry ride along West Morava River.
- Late evening arrival to Belgrade.
- Traditional dinner.
- After breakfast free time to explore until transfer to Belgrade Airport.
- Leader / Support staff: English speaking tour leader and driver
- Transportation: AC tourist class coach
- Accommodation: see itinerary
- Food: breakfast /4x/, lunch /3x/, dinner /3x/
- Other: Terzica avlija Traditional settlement entrance fee including the pottery manufacture and folklore performance, Sargan Train ride, Mecavnik Wooden Town entrance fee, Staro selo Sirogojno Open air museum entrance fee, Stopica pecina Cave entrance fee, ferry ride in Ovcar-Kablar Gorge,
Meals not noted on itinerary; international insurance; optional tipping to leader; guides and local staff; souvenirs and items of a personal nature (sodas, alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc...)