Explore the softer side of Serbia with this fabulous package celebrating Serbia’s diversity through traditional handicrafts and fabulous food. You’ll visit the picturesque town of Sremski Karlovci, which is home to museums of bread and honey. You’ll learn how to cook Serbian-style on the banks of the Danube and you’ll visit a village famous for centuries for its pottery.
Wow your tastebuds through a series of traditional delicacies at rest stops along the way. We guarantee you won’t go hungry!
*All of the places covered in this itinerary can be enjoyed by you at your own pace, on your own tailormade holiday. Just tell us where you want to go or what you want to see and we’ll organise your very own tailormade tour – email email@example.com
Price: from £409pp
- Country: Serbia
- Holiday Type: Cultural History, Natural Gastro
- Duration: Short breaks (up to a week)
Arrival to Belgrade Airport and transfer to centrally located Belgrade hotel.
- After breakfast drive along beautiful slopes of Fruska Gora National Park to Grgeteg Monastery.
- Drive on to Neradin village and traditional lunch at Perkov Salas /Perko's Farm/.
- Drive to Sremski Karlovci and sightseeing tour of the picturesque baroque center : The Bishopric, The St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, The "Four Lions" Fountain... Visit to the Honey Museum and delicious honey and wine tasting in authentic wine cellar.
- Late afternoon tour of Petrovaradin Fortress and short panoramic tour of Novi Sad.
- Culinary workshop on the bank of Danube River followed by big fish dinner.
- After breakfast drive via Belgrade to "Zornica kuca" settlement - Zornic Family Guest-House and Traditional restaurant.
- Big lunch - traditional meals served in ceramic pottery.
- Drive along the Ibar road to Gornji Milanovac and accommodation in luxurious rural household in Klaticevo village.
- Dinner preparation - grilled meat /rostilj/ in open.
- After breakfast drive to impressive Ovcar-Kablar Gorge for refreshment.
- Drive on to"Staro selo" Sirogojno Open Air Museum and big traditional lunch : corn bread, yoghurt, green-cheese pie, young cheesecake, baked lamb... Afternoon arrival to "Terzica Avlija" /Terzic's Yard/ traditional settlement in Zlakusa village and cordial welcome by hosts with home-made "sljivovica"/brandy/ and folklore performance.
- Big traditional dinner : Serbian sauerkraut /smoked beef and cabbage casserole/. Accommodation in luxurious rural households.
- After breakfast drive direction Valjevo along gorgeous scenery.
- Short stop-over in Milogosce rural household in Mionica village for traditional brunch - home-made gibanica cheese-pie.
- Traditional lunch in Podbukovi village: homemade cherry brandy, traditional starter, baked piglet, fresh fruits... Late afternoon brake at "Zornica kuca" /Zornic Family Traditional House/ for traditional sweets baklava and kadaif.
- Evening arrival to Belgrade and hotel accommodation.
- Free evening
- After breakfast free time until transfer to Belgrade Airport.
- Departure flight and end of program.
- Leader / Support staff: English speaking tour leader and driver
- Transportation: AC tourist class coach
- Accommodation: see itinerary
- Food: breakfast /5x/, lunch /5x/, dinner /4x/
- Other: wine tasting in Sremski Karlovci, Novi Sad culinary workshop, Staro Selo Sirogojno Open Air Museum entrance fee, snack in Milogosce rural household, dessert at Zornica Kuca Ethno House in Barajevo, Sremski Karlovci, Novi Sad and Belgrade sightseeing
Meals not noted on itinerary; international insurance; optional tipping to leader; guides and local staff; souvenirs and items of a personal nature (sodas, alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc...)