This amazing, fully-packed Balkan adventure takes you to 5 of our featured countries. You’ll take in many cultural sights that are dear to the hearts and spiritual souls of this region, exploring their centuries-old monasteries, marvelling at the region’s unspoilt nature and learning about another time, another way fo life, far removed from the west.
Eat traditional food and enjoy regional specialities along the way with a group of like-minded individuals.
Scheduled departure dates for 2014:
13th Sept 2014 and 1st Oct 2014
*All of the places covered in this itinerary can be enjoyed by you at your own pace, on your own tailormade holiday. Just tell us where you want to go or what you want to see and we’ll organise your very own tailormade tour – email email@example.com
Price: from £1609pp
- Country: Bosnia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia
- Holiday Type: Cultural History, Natural Gastro, Tailormade Travel
- Duration: Longer breaks (more than a week)
- Arrival to Belgrade Airport.
- Transfer to the centrally located 4 stars Belgrade hotel and accommodation.
- After breakfast Belgrade sightseeing tour including; Saint Sava Orthodox Cathedral, Republic Square, National Theatre, Tito's Tomb and Kalemegdan Fortress
- Free time to explore at your own pace in the afternoon
- Traditional dinner in Skadarlija restaurant, Belgrade's famous bohemian quarter.
- After breakfast drive along beautiful slopes of Fruska Gora Mountain and National Park.
- Visit to Hopovo and Krusedol Monasteries, the most beautiful Medieval Monasteries in Fruska Gora national park.
- Continue to Sremski Karlovci, spiritual, educational and cultural centre of Serbs and sightseeing of beautiful baroque centre : Patriarchal Residence, St Nicholas Orthodox Church, Four Lions Fountain and Serbia's first ever sceondary school
- Walk to the Honey Museum and short lecture on life quality when honey is utilised to its full potential, followed by honey and wine tasting of Fruska Gora products in authentic wine cellar.
- Continue to Novi Sad and tour of the city centre.
- Novi Sad hotel accommodation. Fish dinner in the restaurant at the foot of Petrovaradin Fortress, the symbol of Novi Sad, known as the Gibraltar on the Danube.
- After breakfast drive via Belgrade to Topola and visit to the Oplenac Royal Mausoleum and Saint Gorge Church featuring gorgeous mosaics, situated on the beautiful Oplenac Hill.
- Drive on to Bukovicka Banja Spa and traditional lunch.
- Drive on along beautiful Rudnik Mountain range to Gornji Milanovac and accommodation in luxurious rural household. Traditional dinner.
- After breakfast drive to Ovcar-Kablar Gorge, known as the Serbian Holy Mountain for 11 Orthodox Monasteries scattered along the Zapadna Morava River Valley.
- Tour of Saint Nicholas Monastery. Drive on to Kraljevo and sightseeing of 13th century Zica Monastery.
- Drive on along the Ibar River Valley, known as the Kings Valley, for numerous Medieval Monasteries built by Serbian Kings.
- Accommodation in Studenica Monastery Dormitory. "Monastic" dinner consisting of simple fish supper with vegetables and hand-leavened bread with monastery wine.
- After breakfast tour of Studenica Monastery complex. Followed by exploration of local monastery complexes including Gradac Monastery, endowment of Queen Helen of Anjou and sightseeing; Stara Pavlica Church, 10th century and Nova Pavlica Monastery, 14th century.
- Transfer tothe exoitc and interesting city of Novi Pazar for sightseeing of the St Peter's Church, one the oldest shrines in the Balkans.
- Hotel accommodation in Novi Pazar. Balkan traditional meal – cevapi in grillhouse.
- After breakfast full-day in Novi Pazar.
- Sightseeing of Saint George Pillars – Djurdjevi Stupovi Monastery.
- Drive to Sopocani Monastery, UNESCO site and sightseeing of Saint Trinity Church, famous for Dormition of the Holy Virgin fresco, which was proclaimed the most beautiful Medieval fresco at the Paris Exhibition in 1961.
- Return to Novi Pazar and visit to the Ras Museum.
- After breakfast drive to Kosovo and Metohija with stop for visit to Sokolica Monastery, situated on the top of the Hill dominating Kosovska Mitrovica, the divided city.
- Drive on to Pristina and short walk along the downtown. Continue to Gazi Mestan and visit to the Monument of Kosovo Battle. Drive on to Gracanica Monastery from the 14th centure with a tour of the beautiful Byzantine architecture and fresco decoration.
- Drive on to Prizren, the most beautiful town in Kosovo and Metohija and hotel accommodation. Accommodation in 4 stars hotel.
- Short walk to the Old town and Shadrvan fountain followed by a traditional dinner.
- After breakfast sightseeing of the Holy Virgin of Ljevish Church, a UNESCO heritage site.
- Drive via Djakovica to Decani and tour of Visoki Decani Monastery, the most magnificent Serbian Medieval Monastery, featuring about 10,000 frescoes. Possible visit to the Icon painting workshop or cheese workshop of Decani Monastery if monks are available.
- Drive on to Pec and tour of the Pec Patriarchate complex of four Medieval Churches famous for wonderful frescoes and unique architecture.
- Drive on to Montenegro via Rozaje and Berane to Plav Lake, situated between the highest and most impressive Prokletije Mountain ranges known as the Accursed Mountains.
- Accommodation in Kula Damjanova Hotel complex. Traditional highlanders dinner.
- After breakfast drive towards Serbia with stop over for touring St George Pillars Monastery.
- Drive on to Kumanica Monastery and sightseeing.
- Continue to Mileseva Monastery near Prijepolje, 13th century, world-known for its famous fresco of White Angel.
- Accommodation in the Mileseva Monastery Dormitory, where accommodation is of 3 star quality.
- "Monastic" or traditional dinner.
- After breakfast drive to Montenegro via Bijelo Polje and Mojkovac with stop over in Biogradska Gora National Park.
- Walk along the beautiful Biogradsko Jezero Lake. Continue to Moraca Monastery /13th century/ and sightseeing.
- Drive on to Podgorica and hotel accommodation.
- After breakfast drive to Ostrog Monastery, the most important spiritual pilgrimage situated against an almost vertical background, high up in the large rocks.
- Drive back to Podgorica and continue to Skadar Lake and National Park.
- Boat ride along the Skadar Lake while observing the natural habitat of rare and endemic birds. Accommodation in 4 stars Kotor hotel.
- Fish dinner.
- After breakfast drive to Cetinje, former capital of Montenegro. Sightseeing of the Cetinje Monastery, Historical Museum, Ethnographic Museum of Montenegro, Court of King Nikola Petrovic and Njegos Museum.
- Drive on to Lovcen Mausoleum and National Park, with magnificent panorama on Kotor Bay and fjords.
- Climbing numerous steps to the top of Lovcen Mt.
- Drive on to Kotor, UNESCO town-museum and sightseeing walk through the historical core of Kotor.
- After breakfast drive along the most beautiful fjord in the Adriatic to Perast and Risan, both UNESCO heritage sites.
- Boat ride to Holy Virgin on the Rocks Church, situated on the tiny island for sightseeing.
- Drive on to Risan and tour of the Roman mosaics.
- Drive on to Trebinje and hotel accommodation in the very heart of the town.
- After breakfast tour of Tvrdos Monastery and Nova Gracanica Church which provides outstanding panorama.
- Drive on to Mostar with stop over in Pocitelj, for touring the Old Town. Continuation with stop over at the Blagaj site for touring the Old Teqe and the magic source of Buna River.
- Arrival to Mostar, the most beautiful town in Herzegovina and accommodation in 4 stars hotel.
- Traditional dinner.
- After breakfast sightseeing of Mostar – Old-New Bridge,Tower of Halebija – Cehovina, Ceyvan Cehan Mosque, Karadjoz-bey's Mosque, Old market ...
- Drive to Sarajevo with stop over for observation of Rakitnica River Canyon.
- Arrival to Sarajevo and accommodation in 4 stars hotel.
- Walk along Bascarsija, oriental quarter and sightseeing of the preserved architecture and the Old Bazaar, The City Hall, Gazi-Husrev Beg Mosque.
- Traditional meal – Sarajevski cevapi.
- After breakfast departure to Travnik.
- Touring the Birth house of Ivo Andric and the old town with the fortress.
- Continue to Jajce and touring the world famous Jajce Waterfalls.
- Visit to the Museum details the fgormation of Yugoslavia during world war two. Accommodation in 3 stars hotel in Jajce.
- Evening walk along the old town.
- After breakfast return to Sarajevo.
- Final sightseeing of Sarajevo, visit to the Tunnel Museum, which saved numerous lives during the Bosnian war.
- Optional tour of the Olympic mountains of Jahorina and Bjelasnica.
- After breakfast free time until transfer to Sarajevo Airport.
- Departure flight and end of program and services.
- High tourist class coach/van transportation.
- 2 nights with breakfast in centrally located 4 stars hotel in Belgrade.
- traditional dinner in Skadarlija restaurant.
- entrance fee for the Honey Museum with honey and delicious wines tasting in authentic wine cellar.
- 1 night with breakfast in 4 stars hotel in Novi Sad.
- fish dinner in Novi Sad.
- entrance fee for the Royal Mausoleum in Oplenac.
- traditional lunch.
- 1 half bord in luxurious rural tourist household in Klaticevo village.
- 1 half bord in Studenica Monastery Dormitory – rooms with facilities,quality of accommodation of 3 stars hotel.
- traditional lunch.
- 1 night with breakfast and 1 half bord in 3+ stars hotel in Novi Pazar.
- entrance fee for the Ras Museum.
- traditional dinner in Novi Pazar.
- 1 half board in 4 stars hotel in Prizren.
- 1 half board in 3+ stars hotel in Plav.
- 1 half board in Mileseva Monastery Dormitory - rooms with facilities, quality of accommodation of 3 stars hotel.
- entrance fee for the Biogradska Gora National Park.
- traditional brunch.
- 1 night with breakfast in 4 stars hotel in Podgorica.
- entrance fee for the Skadar Lake National Park with boat ride.
- 2 night in 4 stars hotel in Kotor.
- entrance fee for the Lovcen National Park and the Njegos Mausoleum.
- fish dinner in Kotor.
- local guidance and entrance fees in Kotor.
- boat ride in Boka Kotor Bay to the Holy Virgin on the Rocks Church.
- 1 night in 4 stars hotel in Trebinje.
- traditional dinner and wine tasting in Trebinje.
- 1 night with breakfast in 4 stars hotel in Mostar.
- traditional dinner in Mostar.
- local guidance and entrance fees in Mostar.
- 2 nights with breakfast at the 4 stars hotel in Sarajevo.
- 1 traditional and 1 festive dinner in Sarajevo.
- 1 night with breakfast at the 3 stars hotel in Jajce.
- local guidance and entrance fees in Sarajevo.
- local liscensed tour guide throughout the tour